Friday, November 6, 2009

angela chun

3 comments:

  1. I am most worried about mosquitos. I am a mosquito MAGNET, so if you want to use me as a bait so you don't get bit, I charge $5/hr. Or you can just feed me. ;o) jk. but seriously. you will love me for this.


    I am excited about EVERYTHING. Food, culture, people, scenery, music, art, everything. AND how often do you get to work with Ghanaian artists? come on now.


    I will blow you away with my eating skills.


    Erm... secret... my farts are silent. but i give a verbal warning.


    I feel that I am going to Africa with my own agenda as of now and I wonder what the people we will encounter and work with are expecting of me. I feel that I do have a lot to offer, but too often, the more I feel that I have a grasp on something, the more I find out that I really have so much more to learn. I question my ability to be able to understand their culture enough in the alloted time to be able to merge our worlds, and I know that cooperating with "teammates" (the people we go with) is often more difficult than meeting new people there. I hope that our group will grow to know and understand each other, since we have so much to learn from each other as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... I don't know how to change my picture. I look horrendous.

    That aside, 5 things most important to me:

    1. my sanity. seriously, my greatest fear is losing it.

    2. my faith. i wouldn't call myself religious, as most churches would probably give me the dirtiest looks, but i can shamelessly say that Jesus is my reason for existence.

    3. my family... and by that, i don't mean blood related or any "relatives" of that order. people i've met in life and come to love and be loved by have shaped me more than any genes or genomes could ever have. and of course, my dad's empty shadow.

    4. my body. a HAHA. definitely NOT trying to imply anything. i really value my body for what it allows me to do.

    5. the lack of. it creates need. i'm not trying to be cheesy or deep. it's just without it, nothing would ever have purpose. the fact that we place lines here and there proves the need to always be lacking something as well. this is important to me. it's what pushes and pull me.

    ReplyDelete